Spring brings an abundance of scrumptious seasonal produce, which is why this week we’re bringing you a delicious roasted vegetable and feta tart recipe that showcases some of this month’s most prized British foodie offerings.
At this time of year, we tend to turn to lighter meal options – stepping away from the comfort of filling stews and hearty meat pies (as much as we love them). Luckily, this roasted vegetable and feta tart is a worthy swap that delivers on flavour – certain to please all tastes. We’ve teamed crumbled feta, fragrant pesto and sweet, caramelised vegetables – this is a classic flavour combination that is perfect for springtime feasting. What’s more, with help from our trusted Jus Rol Ready Rolled Puff Pastry, it’s incredibly easy to make!
For this recipe we’ve chosen a combination of courgettes, peppers and red onions for our vegetable topping – but you can alternate with whatever is local and in season to you. Serve up with buttery new potatoes and a simple side salad – if you’re lucky to see some sun, this works as a fantastic alfresco option too (with a chilled bottle of your favourite white of course).
ROASTED VEGETABLE & FETA TART
1 X 320g pack of Jus Rol Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
2 x courgettes, sliced
3 x peppers (mixed), sliced
2 x red onions, sliced
2 x tbsp pesto
150g feta cheese, cut into chunks
1 x tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7, 220C or fan 200C and place a baking sheet in the oven on a tray to warm up. Take the vegetables and place on another roasting tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Whilst the vegetables are roasting, unroll the pastry out on its paper, scoring a 1cm border around the edge – you’ll also need to prick the middle with a fork.
- Once the 20-25 minutes cooking time is up, remove from the oven, stir and return.
- Next, remove the hot tray from the oven and slide the pastry still on its paper onto it. Cook both for an additional 10 minutes.
- Next, mix together the pesto along with a splash of water (to loosen) ready to drizzle – set aside.
- Remove the veg and the pastry from the oven, turning down to gas mark 6, 200C or 180C fan. Carefully flatten the puffed-up centre of the pastry, leaving the border as it is. Add the roasted veg to the tart, keeping within the border. Season with salt and pepper, crumble over the feta and rocket – finally, drizzling over the pesto.
- Return to the oven for a final 10-15 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. When cooked, top with rocket and serve in rectangular slices.