Three Cheese Tart with Lea & Perrins Sauce
Let’s face it, there’s nothing better than melted cheese – but team it with freshly baked, flaky pastry and you’re in for a British foodie treat worth shouting about.
This recipe is delicious, meat-free and seriously easy to make – so why not give it a go and tag us in all your kitchen creations using #BritishHappiness
- 1 x sheet of Jus Roll All Butter Puff Pastry
- 1 x block of Waitrose Belton Red Leicester, grated
- 1 x block of essential Waitrose Cheddar Cheese M4, grated
- 100g New Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 x tbsp Rosemary
- 1 x tsp Chilli Flakes
- 40g finely grated essential Waitrose Parmesan
- 1 x egg
- A splash of Lea & Perrins sauce
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the pastry onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Using a knife, gently score the centre of the pastry including a 1.5cm border around the edge.
- Place the potato, oil, salt, pepper and rosemary in a medium bowl and toss to combine – set aside. Next grate the Cheddar and the Red Leicester into a mixing bowl and begin to scatter a layer over the pastry to cover.
- Take the potato and make a 1cm layer to cover the pastry, topping with the remaining cheese mixture to finish.
- Next, using a cooking brush – lightly coat the 1.5cm pastry border with the egg (this will ensure the pastry comes out golden). Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and top with the grated Parmesan cheese, chilli flakes and Lea & Perrins sauce.