Let’s face it, who doesn’t LOVE a bourbon biscuit? With a crunchy chocolate exterior and a smooth, creamy centre – it’s easy to see why this quintessential British biscuit proves a top favourite here in the UK.
With this in mind, we’ve come up with the ultimate decadent bourbon biscuit tiffin for you to sink your teeth into this July – just be sure you’ve already ended those pre-summer diet plans.
– 400g Bourbon biscuits, crushed
– 200g of butter
– 140g of Lyle’s Golden Syrup
– 150g of mixed roasted nuts (almonds and hazelnuts are good)
– 30g of cocoa powder
– 70g of raisins
– 300g of Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
- Place the biscuits in a zip-lock bag and using a rolling pin, roll onto crushed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crushed biscuits, nuts, cocoa and raisins together.
- Place the butter and golden syrup into a heatproof bowl and place over a small saucepan over a medium heat. Gently melt the butter and golden syrup together and pour onto the biscuit mixture.
- Take a lined square baking tray and pour the biscuit mixture in – flattening with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place the mixture into the fridge and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt your chocolate (using the same method as the butter and golden syrup) and pour over the biscuit base. Next place the tray back into the fridge for 20 minutes, or until the chocolate topping has set.
- Once the tiffin square has set completely, remove and place onto a chopping board – cut into squares and enjoy!