Want to maintain the momentum of your January health kick but sick of boring diet foods? Then let us introduce you to our waistline-friendly healthy Cinnamon, Orange & Date Granola.
With the New Year in full-swing, the aftermath of our excessive festive food gorging and drinking may finally be out of sight. But before you settle into another week of low-fat, no-fun eating plans, we’ve created a delicious healthy breakfast recipe that will ease the impact of your December indulgences without going cold turkey.
This cinnamon and orange granola is the perfect powerhouse of superfood goodness your body will be craving right now. We’ve taken out the bulk of usual unhealthy suspects, and replaced them with more superior, nutrient-dense alternatives. With a combination of toasted oats, crunchy flaked almonds, sticky dates and sweet orange – you can rest assure your daily health quota will be fulfilled with this bowl. What’s more, the recipe is totally free from gluten, dairy and refined sugars [mini fist pump].
If you’ve got the time, enjoy this at home topped with your favourite nut butter, some toasted coconut and a side of fresh fruit – alternatively, take to work with some natural yoghurt and make all your colleagues jealous.
| INGREDIENTS |
400g jumbo oats | 70g of sunflower seeds | 4 teaspoons of cinnamon | 40g of flaked almonds | 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract | 90g of coconut oil | 100g of chopped dates | 50g of pumpkin seeds | 160ml of runny honey | Juice of one orange |
| METHOD |
- Pre-heat the oven to 140 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil and honey over a low heat. Remove from the hob + stir in the cinnamon, orange juice + vanilla extract.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl, then pour over the honey mixture – mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking tray lined with parchment. Place in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring the granola every 5-10 minutes to avoid burning.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.