For this months recipe video, we’ve reinvented a classic British dessert – Bread & Butter Pudding.
Not only is this packed full of chunks of creamy Milkybar white chocolate and utterly delicious, BUT it’s also gluten free – great for all of you coeliacs out there!
So why not have a go at making this GF Bread & Butter Pudding today?
All the ingredients are available to shop on our website, just follow the links.
GF Bread & Butter Pudding
(For the flavoured butter)
1 large pinch ground nutmeg
1 large pinch ground cinnamon
1 large orange , zest of
(For the bread & butter pudding)
8 x 1 cm slices of Warburtons Gluten Free White Bread
1 x 100g block of Milkybar White Chocolate
9 large free-range eggs
140 g caster sugar
500 ml semi-skimmed milk
565 ml single cream
1 vanilla pod , scored lengthways and seeds removed
4 tablespoons good-quality thick-cut marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. First make your flavoured butter by mixing the butter with the nutmeg, cinnamon and orange zest. Use a little of it to butter a medium-sized shallow, ovenproof dish.
- Butter the bread using the flavoured butter, then cut each slice in half diagonally.
- Put the slices in your buttered dish. Now separate the eggs, reserving all 9 yolks but just 1 egg white.
- Whisk together the egg yolks and egg white with the sugar, then gently heat the milk and cream in a saucepan with the vanilla seeds and pod. Pour into the eggs, stirring all the time. Remove the vanilla pod then pour the mixture over the bread and leave to soak for at least 20 minutes.
- Put the dish in a roasting tray and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the dish. Then put it in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes until the custard has just set.
- Meanwhile, gently warm the marmalade in a saucepan, then remove the dish from the oven and brush the marmalade over the top of the bread. Next distribute the cubes of Milkybar white chocolate equally into the pudding, making sure some reach the bottom of the dish.
- Pop the dish back into the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes. Allow it to cool and firm up slightly before serving.
We hope you give this a try and enjoy eating it as much as we did!