Although summer may be coming to a swift close, we’re here to lift your spirits with our latest British Corner Shop Heinz Baked Beans Pie video recipe.
If you’re on the look out for a recipe that’s easy and cheesy (quite literally), you’re going to love our latest Heinz Baked Beans Pie recipe video – the perfect comfort dish to ease you into the autumnal British months.
With the addition of meaty pork sausages, sweet chilli sauce and a thick cheesy mash topping – there’s plenty of flavours to savour in this delicious dish.
If you’d like to give this recipe a go, be sure to tag us in all your creations using #BritishHappiness
Heinz Baked Beans Pie
1 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion , diced
415g Heinz Baked Beans
4 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
750g potatoes , peeled and cut into chunks, for the topping
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp fresh parsley , chopped
75g Cheddar cheese
Total time required 50 mins
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Boil potatoes until softened, drain and mash. Add remaining topping ingredients, except grated cheese.
3. Slice the sausages into bite sized chunks and fry in the oil for 2-3 minutes until golden on the outside, remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onion and cook until softened approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add beans, ketchup, chilli sauce and 80ml of water and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the sausages.
5. Place the mixture into an ovenproof dish, top with the mashed potato and top with the grated cheese, bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes 190C, Gas Mark 5. Serve with steamed green vegetables.