If there’s one way we love to celebrate Valentine’s Day, it’s with food. Whether you’re sharing your favourite meals with someone special, or you’re simply treating yourself (let’s face it, you’re worth it) – there’s no better way to share the love than with some delicious treats.
On that note, we’ve come up with a recipe that’s sure to make anyone’s heart flutter this Valentine’s Day – White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Using just four ingredients, this is the easiest way to make an impression – did we mention they’re topped with Waitrose Cooks Ingredients Freeze Dried Strawberries? #Snazzy.
Pair with some Belvoir Elderflower & Rose Presse, and let your tastebuds do the rest!
Valentine’s White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
2 x 350g Waitrose Belgian White Chocolate
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Melt one of the bars of white chocolate either in a double boiler or by microwaving in short increments, stirring after 30 seconds, for about 2 minutes.
3. With a small spoon or cookie scoop, evenly distribute melted chocolate into each muffin cup. Drop pan repeatedly on the counter to help chocolate flatten and smooth out. Freeze whole pan for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine peanut butter, powdered sugar and butter. Whip with an electric hand mixer until smooth*. Remove pan from freezer and place small spoonfuls of peanut butter mixture on top of each chocolate layer. Drop pan repeatedly on the counter again, to help flatten peanut butter layer. Freeze whole pan for 15 minutes.
5. Melt the second bar of white chocolate. Working quickly, portion small spoonfuls of chocolate into each cups, three cups at a time, immediately dropping the pan repeatedly on the counter to flatten cups*. Freeze whole pan for 15 minutes to set the top layer of chocolate.
6. For a peanut butter cup with a firmer texture, serve chilled. For a softer, creamier texture, serve at room temperature. Store refrigerated in an airtight container up to 5 days.