This chocolate and salted caramel banoffee pies recipe from Waitrose & Partners perfectly combines sweet and salty flavours to create a deliciously indulgent dessert. Whether you’re making these pies for a dinner party, dessert after a family meal or for a mid-afternoon treat – this British classic will always go down a storm!
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus chilling
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes, plus chilling
- 260g plain chocolate digestive biscuits
- 40g Waitrose Salted Butter, melted
- 250g jar Waitrose 1 Salted Caramel Dipping Sauce
- 2 or 3 Organic Bananas, sliced
- 200ml Waitrose Double Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10g dark chocolate, chilled
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Tip into a bowl and stir through the melted butter. Roughly line 6 x 8-9cm fluted tart cases with a square of cling film (large enough to hang over the edges). Divide the biscuit mix between the cases, pressing evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Chill for at least 2 hours or ideally overnight.
- Use the cling film to ease the bases out, then discard the cling film. Spread the caramel sauce on top, then add all but 6 of the banana slices, dividing evenly between the pies. Whisk the cream and vanilla to soft peaks, then spoon a dollop onto each pie. Finish each with a grating of dark chocolate and a reserved slice of banana. Serve immediately or chill until ready to eat (the pies will keep for up to 24 hours).
If you don’t have time to make and chill the cases, pick up a pack of Waitrose 6 Sweet Pastry Cases instead.