Refer Your Friends to British Corner Shop with A New Shareable Link
With over 6 million British expats living all around the world, we know there are many more people out there who are missing British food and would love to know about our service
With over 6 million British expats living all around the world, we know there are many more people out there who are missing British food and would love to know about our service.
That’s why we’ve made it even easier for customers to recommend us to friends and collect a reward for doing so.
Our new scheme allows customers to access their own personal referral link within their ‘My Account’ area, and share this link wherever they like e.g. in an email, in blog posts, in forums.
What will I get for sharing my link to British Corner Shop?
When someone clicks your link and purchases, if they are new to us, we will automatically add 100 Reward Points to your account.
The new customer will then receive an email to let them know they have earned you 100 points, (so you might owe them a Chocolate Digestive next time you meet 😉).
How does it work?
- Go to www.BritishCornerShop.co.uk. Log in (or register if you don’t yet have an account).
- In your account you will now see a new ‘Share British Corner Shop and Earn Reward Points’ section.
Here you will find your personal referral link.
To easily copy your link, click ‘Copy link to clipboard’ (as shown below) and paste it wherever you’d like to share it.
To paste your link, hold down the Ctrl key and then ‘V’ if you’re using a PC, for a Mac press the ‘Command’ button and then ‘V’.
Or you can use one of the social media and messaging sharer buttons below your link. These buttons are integrated with your tracking so your personal link will always be used when you share via these.
When someone clicks on your link, we track them for 30 days and if they make a purchase your account will automatically be credited with 100 Reward Points (equivalent to £2).
Is this the same as your Recommend a Friend Scheme in the ‘My Account’ Area?
No. We still have the original Recommend a Friend scheme in place, and there is no change to that.
This scheme is designed for customers to specifically recommend British Corner Shop to certain people (e.g. friends & family) and requires the email of the person being recommend to be shared with us. Whereas this new sharable link is much more suitable for sharing publicly (e.g. when recommending us within a Blog post comment, or on Social Media etc).
Where can I share my link to get the most referrals?
The best places to share your personal link are where it will be seen by a lot of people who might be interested in our service.
Here are some ideas;
- Add it to one of your social media posts
- Add a comment within a Facebook Group
- Share your link in expat forums or conversations about British food on social
- Create an unboxing video and post on social, tagging British Corner Shop and sharing your link
- Send a group email to all your friends and family who might be interested in our service
Terms and Conditions
- You must be registered to collect reward points and be issued a personal link
- Reward Points will only be applied if the person purchasing through the link is new to British Corner Shop
- Anyone who clicks the link will be tracked for 30-days. If they purchase after this time the Reward Points will not be applied
- No minimum spend required by the new customer to receive the 100 reward points