Waitrose Swirled Easter Brownies
To celebrate the launch of Waitrose’s rather spectacular range of Easter eggs on our website, we thought we’d treat you to this show-stopping recipe for Swirled Easter Brownies! Whether you’re looking for the perfect Easter weekend dessert or want to get baking with your children – this delicious and impressive brownie is sure to bring smiles all round!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes + cooling
Total time: 50-55 minutes
- 150g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 150g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g dark muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 4 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
- 200g essential Waitrose Creamy Soft Cheese
- 225g light muscovado sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 90g bag Cadbury Mini Egg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm square tin with
- Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of gently
simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted.
- Meanwhile, for the cheesecake mixture, beat together the dark muscovado sugar,
vanilla extract, cornflour and 1 egg in a bowl. Gently stir in the soft cheese until
mixed. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining 3 eggs. Stir in the chocolate mixture with the light
muscovado sugar and flour. Spoon half of this into the tin, then drop in small
spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture. Spoon the remaining chocolate mixture over the
top. Using a chopstick or skewer, lightly ripple the top, then bake for 15 minutes.
Scatter over the Mini Eggs and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes until set.
Set aside to cool in the tin before cutting into 16 squares to serve.